Wiki service will be closed for external use
As informed before Confluence Wiki service of University of Oulu (https://wiki.oulu.fi) will be closed down. From now on it will be closed for external users, but content will remain for internal use till 31st July 2020.
Harmonizing the contents and communicating forums in University of Oulu
- Content of teaching is shared in Moodle (https://moodle.oulu.fi/). There is multiple tools available for creating the content, such as video tools, GSuite and O365.
- Content of different working groups is shared in working spaces (like O365 Teams) of the intranet of the university. It is possible to have both internal and external users in such spaces. The new intranet launched in December 2019.
- Project information of funded research projects is published in the public www site as the project page content type (e.g. https://www.oulu.fi/microelectronics/node/52876).
- Personal info about research and knowledge is centered in the public www site as the researcher profile content type (e.g. https://www.oulu.fi/university/researcher/matti-silveri).
- Conference, seminar and event information for external audience is published in the public www pages as the event content type (e.g. https://www.oulu.fi/genz/node/57482).
- Information about research units is described in the public www site according to content and resources either as the collection content type (e.g. https://www.oulu.fi/medicine/oral-health) or as a own sub site (e.g. https://www.oulu.fi/pyokuien/).
Units will be responsible for their web contents by themselves. Please, notice, that when you publish content in the university’s web site from wiki spaces:
- There shouldn’t be teaching content in the pages of research units.
- The communicating and marketing for applying students must be put into practice in cooperation with communicating and marketing unit of University of Oulu.
- The common information for students is available in the page For Students (https://www.oulu.fi/forstudents/).
- Separate contents, like events or projects, won’t be separate pages in the university’s web pages. They are always connected for example to the pages of a research unit.
Additional information: viestinta(at)oulu.fi, digipeda(at)oulu.fi or wiki(at)oulu.fi